The Japan Rail Pass is the most economical way to travel throughout Japan by rail ！
The round trip fare for Shinkansen from Narita to Kansai area costs over 30,000yen.
However, 1 week JR Pass costs only 29,110yen and you can travel throughout Japan with getting on and off freely !!
Who is eligible for a Japan Rail Pass?
- Foreign tourists visiting Japan from abroad for sightseeing under the entry status of temporary visitor.
- Japanese national living in a foreign country.
a) who is qualified to live permanently in that country or
b) who is married to a non-Japanese residing in a country other than Japan
There are two types of Japan Rail Pass: Green (for superior-class Green cars), and Ordinary.
Each of these types is available as a 7-day, 14-day, or 21-day Pass.
Exchange for JR Pass
- Within 3 months from the date the Exchange Voucher was issued, you must turn in your Exchange Voucher to obtain your JR PASS.
- When you exchange, you need to specify the date ( within 1 month) that you start using the PASS and have the date stamped on the PASS.
- Once the PASS is exchanged, no refund or change is allowed.
- You will have to show your passport or green card to verify you are eligible for JR PASS.
Railway; All JR Group Railways-Shinkansen “Bullet Trains” (except for NOZOMI & MIZUHO
on the Tokaido, Sanyo, Kyushu Shinkansen Lines), limited express trains, express trains, and rapid or local trains. (with some exceptions)
Buses; Local lines of JR bus companies ( JR Hokkaido Bus, JR Bus Tohoku, JR Bus Kanto, JR Tokai Bus,West Japan JR Bus; Chugoku JR Bus, JR Shikoku Bus, JR Kyushu Bus) Some of JR highway bus services
Ferry; JR Miyajima Ferry
Mono-Rail; Tokyo Mono-Rail (Only between Haneda Airport Station and Hamamatsucho Station)
A non-reserved seat can be used simply by showing your Japan Rail Pass. However, seat reservations can be made without any additional payment. To make a reservation, you can go to any Travel Service Center or a Reservation Office at JR Stations and show your JR Pass to obtain your reserved-seat ticket.